Morning! It’s a sunny Friday in Cape Town and I’m up early, coffee in-tow, thinking about how much has happened this year. We’re nearing the end of a really long and busy year, and in light of all that’s happened, I thought it would be a good time to update you on what’s been going on with me.
- I graduated from university in June this year, having completed my degree as a major in Classics and Theatre. It took me an extra semester (due to changing majors – twice!) but I finished in 3 and half years and I’m thrilled to be finished. Since then, I’ve been putting all my energies in to creating new and interesting content for the blog.
- Speaking of which, although blogging is something I absolutely love, and see myself doing for a long time, it just doesn’t pay the bills unfortunately. Luckily home is still with my parents and little brother, which means no rent to worry about. I currently earn my income by working part time, which has allowed me the opportunity to be financially independent and still make time for the blog. Double win!
- In terms of my health and where I presume it sits on a scale of 1-10, I’d say between 6-7. I’m revisiting the idea of going vegetarian again! This is always such a difficult decision to make because of all the health problems I’ve encountered when going vegetarian in the past. Perhaps switching to a diet that consists only of chicken and fish first will make for an easier transition from my current diet to where I see my diet in a year. We’ll see how it goes.
- My love/hate relationship with Instagram – you know, achieving the “perfect feed” – is something I still struggle with, despite starting a new account in July. I’ve traced my frustrations back to some personal issues, and how these issues have manifested in to other facets of my life. I made a pact with myself last week to enjoy social media a little more, and use Instagram as more than just a business tool. The verdict? So far, so good.
- On the last point here in my 5 things: life update, I have to admit that the travel bug has me itching to visit and explore a new country. I’ve gone so far as to plan (read: daydream about) a tropical week-long trip with the boyfriend. We’re looking at sometime next year, with the intention of saving money until then.
And that’s about it, thank you for catching up with me! I hope your weekend is already off to a good start, but on the off chance that it’s not go check out my previous post featuring the best breakfast pick-me-up you’ll try this week.
THE MINIMALE BLOGGER